Project Build #1

The Frame

Since I am printing the frame, I decided to split it in two logical parts: the top and the bottom that screw in together using standard M3 screws.

The lower half.

A while later, I had the top part.

The upper half.

During initial testing I found that the 10×10 dimension for the tubes is too weak, I will have to redesign this to use 20×20 tubes. I also found that the printing material should not be PETG, because of the nature of that material. PETG has a tendency to flex, and I want the frame to be really stiff in order not to interfere with accuracy of the head. So I will be reworking the frame in ASA filament, which I have had good luck printing in the past.

next entry

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Project Build #1

  1. Pingback: Project Build #2 | ./sinetek_

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s